Solo Exhibitions (Abstract Painting)
- Emancipation, Tabler Center for Arts, Culture, and Humanities, Stony Brook, NY. Apr. 2017
- Transcendence, Narthex Gallery, New York, NY. May – July 2015
- Revelation, Seyhoun Art Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. Dec. 2013
Group Exhibitions (Abstract Painting)
- Self Reflection: Artists self portraits, Roya Khadjavi Projects, High Line Nine, gallery 9.1, New York, NY, Sept. 2020
- Volta Art Fair, Roya Khadjavi Projects, Metropolitan West, New York, NY, March 2020
- Summer Art Bash 2019: Iranian Contemporary Group Exhibition, ADVOCARTSY, The Space, Los Angeles, CA, Aug. 2019
- Material Culture, Roya Khadjavi Projects, Elga Wimmer Gallery, New York, NY, Apr. 2019
- Art Brief IV: Iranian Contemporary San Francisco, ADVOCARTSY, SOMArts Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA, Dec. 2018
- An Art + Design Collaboration: A Curated Selection of Iranian Contemporary Art, ADVOCARTSY and Ryan Saghian, THE SPACE, Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 2018
- If So, What? Art Fair, Roya Khadjavi Projects, Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco, CA, Apr. 2018
- The Poetics of Diaspora: Iranian Contemporary Art, Artnet Auction in collaboration with ADVOCARTSY, The Space, Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 2017
- States of Being in Abstract. Nov. 2016, Roya Khadjavi Projects and Asia Contemporary Art Week, Elga Wimmer Gallery, New York, NY
- Grant Winners Exhibition. Nov. 2016, Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery, New York, NY
- In The Abstract. July-Aug. 2016, Gallery North, Setauket, NY
- Art Brief II: Iranian Contemporary North America. June 2016, Advocartsy, Arena 1 Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
- 73rd Annual Exhibition of Audubon Artists. Oct. – Nov. 2015, Salmagundi Art Club, New York, NY
- Global Perspective. Nov. – Jan. 2015, Elisa Contemporary Art, Bridgehampton and Riverdale, NY
- Paris American Academy – Paris, France. July 2014
- Affordable Art Fair, New York, NY (with Elisa Contemporary Art). Apr. 2014
- 100th Annual Exhibition of the Allied Artists of America. Nov. 2013, The National Arts Club – New York, NY
- 71st Annual Exhibition of Audubon Artists. Oct. – Dec. 2013, Salmagundi Art Club (online due to gallery repairs)
- Manhattan Borough President’s Office Exhibition. New York, NY. July – Aug. 2013
- Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery Red Dot Exhibition, New York, NY. June 2013
- Gramercy Neighborhood Associates Annual Arts Exhibit. Feb. 2013, The National Arts Club, New York, NY
- 99th Annual Exhibition of the Allied Artists of America. Nov. 2012, The National Arts Club , New York, NY
- 70th Annual Exhibition of Audubon Artists. Oct. 2012, Salmagundi Art Club (online due to gallery repairs). Award-winner
- Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery Annual Exhibition, New York, NY. 2009 – 2013
- Photography Exhibition: Norouz. Mar. 2011, Zora Art Space, Brooklyn, NY
- Union Square Artists Organization Open Studios 2010, New York, NY. May 2010
- “12/12: Arts United for Iran.” Dec. 2009, West Chelsea Building Studio 520, New York, NY
- Union Square Artists Organization Open Studios 2009, New York, NY. Sept. 2009
- Artist in Residence of the College of Arts, Culture and Humanities, Stony Brook University – Awardee, Stony Brook, NY, 2017
- Sing for Hope Pianos project – Commissioned Selectee, New York City, 2016
- Fantasy Fountain Fund Scholarship sponsoring monthlong painting fellowship in Paris, France – Scholarship Winner, 2014
- Painting Revelation 26 chosen among 1,900 submissions by Jan Seidler Ramirez, Chief Curator & Director of Collections of the National September 11 Memorial Museum, for online exhibition by Curate NYC, 2013
- The Jeffery Berman Director’s Award in Collage or Mixed Media, Audubon Artists Incorporated – Recipient, 2012 Annual Exhibition
- Women’s International Leadership Program, International House, New York City – Scholarship Winner, 2006 – 2007
- New York Artists Equity Association, Member
- Allied Artists of America, Associate Member
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Psychology, The Graduate Center of the City University of New York (2012)
- Master of Arts in Urban Planning, University of Tehran, Iran (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts in Theoretical Economics, University of Tehran, Iran (1999)
- Mentorship in Painting and Mixed Media, Bruce Dorfman, Art Students League of New York, NYC (2007-2013)
Nesvet, Nancy. “Discovering Identity, To Benefit All.” Artscope. Sep. 2020.
- Kalbasi, Bahman. “Art Exhibiton of Five Young Iranian Artists in New York City.” BBC Farsi News. 11 June 2019. bbc.com/persian/arts-48603192?SThisFB
- Hrbacek, Mary. “New York City’s Elga Wimmer PCC with Group Show: ‘Material Culture.’” Artes Magazine: A Fine Arts Magazine. 11 Apr. 2019.
- Memarian, Omid. “Material Culture Art Exhibition Communicates Deep Personal Experiences to Transcent Cultural Border.” GlobalVoices. Apr. 2019.
- Nesvet, Nancy. “Material Culture at Elga Wimmer Gallery.” Artscope. Apr. 2019.
- “Revelation and Transcendence.” Cover story of LINES from the LeagueFall 2015. www.theartstudentsleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1_2015_Fall_Lines1.pdf.
- “New York City’s Elga Wimmer PCC with Group Show: ‘Material Culture.’” Artes Magazine. 11 Apr. 2019. artesmagazine.com/?p=22980.
- “Creativity to Englightenment: Material Culture at Elga Wimmer Gallery.” Artscope. 9 Apr. 2019. artscopemagazine.com/2019/04/creativity-to-enlightenment-material-culture-at-elga-wimmer-gallery/#noredirect
- “Revelation and Transcendence.” Cover story of LINES from the League. Fall 2015.
- Pollman, Lisa. “Art Brief II: Iranian Contemporary North American at Arena 1 Gallery – in pictures.” Art Radar. 1 June 2016.
- Studio Visit Magazine: Volume Thirty Four, A Juried Selection of International Visual Artists, Michael Lash, independent curator and former Director of Public Arts, City of Chicago, 2016.
- In-Studio Porcelain Painting Instruction, New York City. 2009-present, Private and group classes, all levels
- Children’s Art Workshop and Art History Instruction (freelance). 2015-present, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Asia Society (NYC), Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Art Students League of New York, New York City. 2012-2014, Teacher Assistant to Bruce Dorfman, Mixed Media class
- The Isabel O’Neil Studio Workshop, New York City. June 2012